Estate, Gift and Income Tax Planning Lawyer in CA
Orange attorney works to protect your money
James E. Dougherty Ltd. is focused on income tax, estate tax, gift tax, charitable planning and related dispute resolution for individuals and businesses.
I represent clients in structuring business transactions, as well as planning their charitable giving, income and estate tax matters. Individual and business clients alike rely on resourceful and responsive attorneys to effectively minimize the impact of income taxes, gift taxes, estate taxes and generation-skipping transfer taxes for both themselves and their heirs. Through the strategic use of cutting-edge and traditional income- and asset-transfer devices, I work to help you take full advantage of all applicable tax credits, deductions, exemptions and elections, so you can transfer your wealth with maximum benefit for your business, your family and your philanthropic beneficiaries.
Experienced tax advice
I provide experienced tax advice to individuals, executors, trustees and businesses in a wide range of tax areas. There are many tax consequences to legal decisions, especially those that involve asset protection and estate planning. The proper legal decisions can only be made with a complete understanding of the resulting tax consequences. As a full-service estate planning and estate law firm, I provide clients with integrated plans that explain both the legal and tax consequences before any decisions are made.
I provide general tax advice, including:
- General estate tax advice
- General gift tax advice
- General income tax advice
- Stepped up cost-basis
- How gifts can reduce your estate tax burden
- Capital gains upon the sale of real property, etc.
- 1031 exchanges
- Alternate valuation elections
- Generation-skipping taxes
- How charitable gifts can reduce your tax burden
- General tax advice for revocable, irrevocable, grantor and charitable trusts
- Taxation of S-Corporations, limited liability corporations, partnerships, etc.
- Preparation of Federal Estate Tax Returns (IRS Form 706)
- Preparation of Federal Gift Tax Returns (IRS Form 709)
- Preparation of Federal Fiduciary Income Tax Returns (IRS Form 1041)
- Preparation of Federal Information Regarding Beneficiaries Acquiring Property from a Decedent (IRS Form 8971)
Contact a skilled estate, gift and income tax lawyer
Call James E. Dougherty Ltd. at 657-221-5964 or contact me online to schedule your initial consultation at my Orange, CA office.